How To Improve The PPFD&Uniformity Of Folding LED Plant Grow Light
Only when the light is even, the plants grow evenly, and the light evenness is high, so that every plant of yours can be taken care of.
The uniformity of light is very important to the growth of plants. If the light is uneven, some plants will absorb more light than other plants, which will cause uneven growth and cause some plants to shade other plants. Uneven light will also cause water insufficiency Even areas with high light will dry faster than other areas.
If the hot spot is too high, it will burn the plants, and if the light is too low, the crop will grow slowly.
1. For professional planting, large-sized folding or array plant lights are generally used. In order to use the light to a greater extent, the hanging height is generally low, about 0.3-0.6 meters, to cover For a more uniform range of illumination, it is still necessary to optimize the light uniformity of this type of plant lamp to improve the uniformity of light in the coverage area
In general foldable or array type plant lights, there will also be a very high light hot spot directly below the light fixture, which is easy to burn plants.
Not optimized folding plant grow light, four corners PPFD is very low
Optimized folding plant grow light, PPFD radiation uniformity is greatly improved
The foldable plant light optimized with 3 different lens reflectors has a 34% increase in uniformity and an average PPFD increase of 14% compared to the non-lens product (tested in a dark room without reflection, the suspension height is 16” (0.41m), 5ft*5ft（1.5x1 .5m） coverage area, 81 points test.
2. In family indoor planting, high reflectivity plant tents are generally used, and we also need to use products that have been optimized for light uniformity
Even for personal planting, more and more people are using LED folding plant lights for light uniformity. Since the size of the folding plant lamp is larger than that of the quantum board, the uniformity is better and the planting effect is better.
However, optimization is also needed to improve uniformity
PPFD test data of 5ft*5ft (1.5x1.5m) plant tent without reflector,
No lens reflector is used, and the four corners of the PPFD are low.
The figure below is the test data of the optimized folding plant light
Folding plant lights with 3 different lens reflectors for uniformity optimization. Compared with non-lens products, the uniformity is increased by 25%, and the average PPFD is increased by 10% (1.5x1.5m plant tent test, hanging height 16" (0.41) m), 36 point test
Even in the reflective plant grow tent, the uniformity is increased by 25%
The following figure is an illustration of the optimization method of the uniformity of the folding plant light
Using 3 different lens reflectors with different condensing angles, the LED pitch is actually optimized
Several points to improve the uniformity of illumination:
1. The larger the size of the lamp, the more even the coverage at close range; if the lamp is small in size, the LED lamp bead arrangement is optimized, and the uniformity improvement effect is not obvious.
2. The higher the lamp hangs, the more uniform, but the higher the hang, the greater the light loss
3. It is the best choice to add a secondary optical lens to the edge of the large-size luminaire, which is the best choice, especially for planting crops on sites with low reflectivity.